Where is the Public Range located?
North of Benton City near Mile Post 8 on SR 225. See the "How to get here" page for more details.

Do I need to be a member to shoot at the Range?
No. The Rose-Iris General Purpose Range is open to the public. The daily use fee for non-members is $10.00 per adult including sales tax.  Cash or Check Only. An adult is 18 years of age or older. There is no fee for children 17 years of age and under when accompanied by an Adult.

When is the Public Range open?
The Range is open on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The Range is closed to the public on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. It may also be closed on some days due to inclement weather.

How much are the membership fees?
For one adult it is $50.00 per year with tax.  Spousal memberships are $75.00 per year with tax.  Cash or Check Only. Children 17 years of age and under may shoot for free when accompanied by an adult. The most up to date range fees include applicable sales tax and are always posted on the Join / Renew page.

Any benefit for Military & Law Enforcement Personnel using our Ranges?
Active Duty Military Personnel, Reservists, National Guard Members, and retired Military Personnel with a Current Military or Retired ID Card, and Law Enforcement Officers showing their Officer ID or ID & Badge are invited to utilize TCSA range facilities as our guests requiring no payment of day use fees at the Rose-Iris Range and payment of member fee rates at the discipline ranges including any target fees incidental to specific discipline ranges that may be charged.

Can children shoot at the Range?
Yes. Children 17 years of age and under may shoot for free when accompanied by an adult.

Can my child become a member and receive a TCSA membership card?
Yes. However your child then becomes a member of TCSA and for insurance purposes the yearly fee for each child 17 years of age and under is $10.00 per year including sales tax.

If I am a Member, can I bring a guest?
A Member may invite anyone to join them at the Range; however, these individuals will need to pay the daily non-member usage fee noted above.   Life Members are allowed to bring one guest for free.

Where can I get a Membership Application Form?
Membership Applications are available at the Rose Iris Range, and can also be printed off the TCSA web site under the “Join / Renew” tab on top of all our pages. Click here to Join or Renew now.

After submitting my Membership Application, when can I expect to receive my membership card(s) in the mail?
It generally takes about 4 weeks to receive your card.

How are TCSA Membership renewals handled?
All TCSA annual memberships expire on March 31st each year if not renewed.

What do I need to bring with me to the Range?
You will need to bring your own firearm(s) and proper ammunition. The Range fee includes one free target and additional paper targets are available for .25¢ each with tax.  Hearing and eye protection are required and are available for use at the Range. Target stands are also provided for each shooter to use.

When can I handle my firearms after I arrive at the Range?
No firearms can be removed from your vehicle before checking in with the duty Range Safety Officer. The Range Safety Officer will have you (and everyone else in your party) sign in, cover the Range Rules, and direct you to the Range Safety Officer overseeing the area where you will be shooting. That Range Safety Officer will tell you when and how to safely move your firearms from your vehicle to the firing line tables. Firearms can only be handled or transported to or from your vehicle with the RSO permission when the Range is HOT. Visible holstered firearms are not allowed on our Range and must be put unloaded on the firing table with your other firearms with an Empty Chamber Indicator installed. No firearms may be touched or handled in any way when the Range is COLD.

Am I allowed to have my legally concealed carry firearm while I am at the Range?
Yes, as long as it remains concealed. If the firearm becomes visible to the Range Safety Officer, it must be unloaded and placed on the firing table with an Empty Chamber Indicator installed as described in the question above concerning all firearms.

At what distances will I be able to shoot?
With the paper targets, you can shoot out to a maximum distance of 100 yards. There are steel gong fixed targets which are at 200 yards to 450 yards at 50 yard intervals.

When is the Shotgun Range open?
The Shotgun Range is open on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Is there a fee to use the Shotgun Range?
To obtain the most accurate information for the Shotgun Range fees, check out the shotgun website: http://www.tcsashotgun.com/index.php/hours-of-operation

Where can I find out about Trap and Skeet Leagues?
This is available at the Shotgun Range. To obtain the most accurate information for the Trap and Skeet Leagues, check out the Shotgun website link on the main TCSA web site.

Is your Range equipped for shooting long distances?
Yes, at the Public Range there are targets from 100 yards to 450 yards. For longer ranges out to 1,000 yards check out our High Power Range. The High Power Range is only open for shooting Events which will be listed on the Monthly Calendar on our web site or on the High Power web site. You can shoot at these Events whether you are a member or not. There is generally a fee for the different High Power Events. To be able to use the High Power Range during non-events, you need to be a member who has completed the Range Safety Officer Class and the High Power Training Class and do the required volunteer days for the year for both the Public Range and High Power Range.

Why isn’t the Range open all days of the week?
The Range is staffed completely by certified Range Safety Officer volunteers. Should you become a member, consider volunteering. The Range Safety Officers are members who volunteer their time to open the Range 3 to 4 times a year. Range Safety Officers must take a Range Safety Officer Training Class which is offered about five times a year. Once certified as a Range Safety Officer and volunteering the required number of days per year, RSO’s are able to use the Range during off hours when not open to the public.

How do I find out more about becoming a Range Safety Officer?
On the TCSA Home Page under contacts, you will be able to find the contact information to reach the Member at Large who sets up the Range Safety Officer training classes. Also the monthly Newsletter, The Rattler, will contain this information.

Who should I contact if I would like to volunteer to help with projects at the Range?
You can contact any TCSA Board Member, the Operations Officer, or you can attend one of the monthly Public Meetings (held the 2nd Thursday of each month) and let the Board know that you are willing to help out with current projects that need volunteers to complete.

How do I get a copy of the TCSA Newsletter?
The monthly TCSA Newsletter is the “The Rattler”. The Newsletter is posted in PDF format to the TCSA web site the first few days of each month. Click here to go there now.

Are there firearm training classes available?
Check the NRA website for NRA firearm training classes in our area.

Can I place an ad in the “For Sale” section of the TCSA web site?
Yes, provided you are a current member of TCSA. The item(s) must be related to the sport of shooting. No business ads are allowed. Please remember to notify the Webmaster when you have sold the item(s) so the ad can be removed.